We are currently seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our team in Ashland, OR.
Who we are:
Neuman Hotel Group is a family-owned company of approx. 350 employees located in picturesque Ashland, Oregon. Neuman Hotel Group offers a variety of accommodations with hotels varying in size, standard and offerings, including Ashland Springs Hotel, Inn at the Commons, Ashland Hills Hotel, Lithia Springs Resort, Larks Restaurant, Luna Cafe and Waterstone Spa.
About the Role:
Assists in the daily operations of the restaurant, banquets, and catering.
What you'll do:
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Responsible for the organization of the kitchen, to include: food storage, sanitation, cleaning and safety.
- Evaluates food products to assure quality standards are consistently maintained.
- Execute regular cleaning and maintenance schedule
- Support safe work habits and safe working environment at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Food Handlers Permit required.
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat coworkers, supervisors, and guests with respect and courtesy.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment
- Standing for extended amounts of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds (and occasionally up to 75 pounds with assistance)
- Work late or irregular hours, nights, weekends and some holidays.
What we offer:
- Wage based on experience. Medical, dental and vision package; 401K and an accumulative vacation package