There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day functions of all restaurant operations while providing excellent customer service, and actively contributing to the departmental requirements and standards.
Primary Job Duties:
- Ensuring food and beverages are being served in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitoring set up and maintenance of the dining room and bar areas to ensure all side work is complete.
- Interacting with members and guests to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Lead daily pre-shift meetings.
- Conduct ongoing service training of Restaurant associates, and the completion of daily shift reports.
- The Restaurant manager is also responsible for the supervision, coaching, scheduling, hiring, and training of all restaurant associates;
- The completion of POS closing paperwork and the adherence of all Montana Liquor Law specifications.
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Food and Beverage Management. Prior experience in a luxury hotel or private club preferred.
- Excellent people skills.
- Exceptional guest recovery skills.
- Enjoy interacting with people in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Open Table POS, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a team leader.
- Must be willing to participate in a learning environment.
- Must integrate company values throughout all interactions.
- Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
- Must comply with Moonlight Basin’s Dress and Grooming policies.
Expected Hours of Work
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
Position requires walking and standing most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.