The Medical Records Coordinator will maintain and update the residents’ clinical records in a confidential, systematic, well-organized manner in conjunction with acceptable policies/procedures that include OBRA guidelines; Texas State Standards and Individual Nursing Home Standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter Physician’s Orders daily.
- File documents in the appropriate records daily.
- Enter new admits and discharged residents in the Admission/Discharge Log daily.
- Maintain tracking log for Progress Notes, Physician’s History and Physical.
- Send out monthly compliance letters to physicians and follow up bi-monthly on progress of visits.
- Communicate with Administrator, DON and Medical Director on the compliance of the physicians’ services.
- Maintain the Death Report and mail/fax to the State each month no later than the 10th of the month.
- Audit new admits, re-admits and discharged residents’ records and report findings during the morning meeting.
- Maintain HIPAA log of requests for releases of information received pertaining to past or present residents of the facility. Complete monthly QA forms and participate in the QA and compliance meetings as required.
- Follow up on incomplete records daily.
- Close out discharged residents records.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. A nursing degree is not required, however previous experience with medical records and HIPPA in a health care setting is preferred.
- The Medical Records Coordinator should be familiar with office practices and procedures and accepts accountability for responsibilities under direct control
- Plans and organizes work; exercises sound judgment and decision-making
- Promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
- Can prioritize and complete work assignments within agreed time frames.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled