The District operates multiple locations, Maple Meadows in Wood Dale, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison and Green Meadows in Westmont. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
This position assists in the functions and activities related to Golf Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect golf fees and process credit cards. Sell merchandise, snacks, beverages, and certificates.
- Organize and conduct customer service activities. Greet and provide information to customers, answer phones, coordinate the flow of golf play, identify problems, and help prepare customer correspondence.
- Organize and balance cash register. Prepare daily revenue reports. Deposit daily receipts.
- Operate the golf handicap service, and Point-of-Sale (POS), reservation, and phone systems.
- Participate in the opening and closing of the pro shop and clubhouse. Secure doors, lock up premises and activate the alarm.
- Prepare for golf events and help coordinate the activities of golf service staff for daily operations.
- Perform custodial and basic maintenance functions. Clean, sanitize, and deodorize restrooms and replenish supplies, vacuum floors, dust, polish furniture, and remove trash.
- May perform operations activities including starting, rangering, cart maintenance, and practice area maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire; valid driver's license
Hours: March 15 - November 15; Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Related Experience: One (1) year experience in customer service and retail environment, including familiarity with golf course operations; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge of customer service techniques; routine golf course operations; state and local laws and regulations; and the operation of computerized point-of-sale.
Skills In: Counting and handling cash; operating computers; dealing effectively with others; preparing basic financial reports; handling situations firmly, courteously, and tactfully; expressing oneself clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Program certification within 30 days of employment; ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid – will train if necessary.
On-boarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
*Applications must be filled out to their entirety, including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application