Job Title: Investment Analyst
Peachtree Hotel Group operates, develops and invests in premium-branded, select- and limited-service and extended-stay hotel assets under the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice, and InterContinental Hotels Group flags. Since its inception, Peachtree has acquired, developed or originated more than $1.25 billion of hotel properties and first mortgage notes; including 14 acquisitions in 2018. Peachtree is currently managing two equity funds totaling approximately $250 million, with an equity fund focused on Opportunity Zone hotel development of $100 million actively being raised.
For more information, please visit www.peachtreehotelgroup.com.
Stonehill Strategic Capital, an affiliate of Peachtree Hotel Group, is a direct hospitality lender actively providing permanent hotel loans, bridge loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments secured by hotel assets. Founded in 2013, Stonehill provides creative financial solutions for acquisitions, recapitalizations, refinancing, repositions and renovations. The principals of Stonehill have combined to originate and structure over $3.0 billion of hospitality debt, and since closing their first fund in 2014, Stonehill has completed more than 90 transactions totaling over $1 billion; including 24 transactions in 2018. Stonehill is currently managing three funds totaling approximately $250 million in equity.
For more information, please visit www.stonehillstrategiccapital.com.
The Investment Analyst role supports Peachtree and Stonehill’s investing, lending and asset management activities with a primary focus on underwriting, due diligence support, preparing investment memorandums and investor reporting. Along with excellent written and verbal communication, the Analyst must display excellent interpersonal and analytical skills that foster strong interaction with team leaders and clients.
Duties and Functions:
- Screen and underwrite new hotel investment and lending opportunities
- Review offering memorandums, financial statements, and other due diligence materials
- Populate proprietary financial models in Excel and prepare valuation analyses for debt and equity structures
- Understand and have the ability to model complex investment structures and waterfalls
- Draft equity, debt, and credit committee memorandums
- Prepare Term Sheets
- Assist with all aspects of due diligence and closing transactions
- Prepare Quarterly Investor Reports
- Support senior team members
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of real estate finance concepts including DCF, IRR, Leveraged and Preferred Returns, Amortization, Debt Yield, etc.
- Exemplary communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills
- Exceptional project management skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work effectively in teams or independently
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Collaborative approach with business partners at all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field.
- Hotel real estate experience a plus
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Up to 3 years of full-time experience in a related financial underwriting/consulting field
Peachtree Hotel Corporate is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled