The Group Services Specialist is responsible for managing services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction, generate increased revenues, and nurture return business. Act as an on-site contact for groups, produce and distribute resumes and BEO’s. Assist and advise group sales in the menu selection process, program agenda, contracted agreements and assigning of appropriate space. Maintain files, notes, records and trace systems to meet client expectations. Attend and assist with pre and post-event meetings.
Additionally, this position assists with wedding related accounts. Prepare creative proposals, contracts and BEO’s for clients. Coordinate site visits, menu tastings, planning appointments, etc.
This person will work closely with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office as well as prospective clients. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and communicates details of group event to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival and departure, room set-ups, diagrams, audiovisual/production needs, rooming lists, special needs, special events, on/off-site entertainment and transportation.
- Remains knowledgeable with the property’s accommodations, meeting facilities and support services available through the property in order to best promote the effective utilization of the property.
- Assists in arranging and conducting site visits for the purpose of planning, organization and coordinating of all meeting needs and requirements.
- Seeks authorization for special rates, concessions, discounts, etc.
- Ensures group billing is accurate and all payments are received timely.
- Reviews distribution of in-house reports to ensure consistency and completeness of information.
- Attends weekly designated meetings.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with clients in timely manner.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing all details of events to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Enhances group events and department profitability by using up-selling techniques.
- Assists group sales with communications with group contact and attendees to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates vendors, obtains quotes, client contracts etc.
- Takes a proactive approach toward client satisfaction.
- Distributes event orders, reports, filing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the F&B Director and Lodging Director.
Marginal Job Functions:
Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded. Conduct site visits, menu tastings, planning appointments, etc. in the absence of group sales specialist.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform mathematical operations.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to complete work assignments with minimal guidance from others.
- Demonstrates teamwork and a customer service focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 25lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in resort, convention/conference center, preferable in sales event services department.
- Knowledge of conference service equipment, set-up styles, and audio-visual; excellent computer software knowledge of Microsoft Office and property management software (LiveRez, Delphi, Northstar, Jonas, Caterease, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Schedule varies based on client needs and business demands to include some weekends and holidays.
We are looking for hardworking and reliable people who want to be a part of the team we have built at Rumbling Bald Resort. We aim to provide a fun and enjoyable work environment for all of our Associates. During your time off, spend the day on the lake, enjoy our hiking trails, beach, pools, tennis and golf courses.
Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance; vacation, personal and sick benefits; life insurance; holidays and 401k.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled