About MacCosham Inc.
MacCosham has been providing rail yard terminal services for over 50 years and is experienced in the management of a variety of yard configurations. In addition to our rail intermodal terminal services, including lift-on/lift-off of containers and hostler services, we also operate several container and chassis repair depots associated with rail yard terminal services, with a full range of mechanical, welding and associated repair services.
MacCosham Inc. is looking for a full-time, permanent Groundperson / Yard Labourer to join our growing team in Calgary, AB.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, MacCosham requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Perform pre-trips on perishable containers
- Perform inventory checks
- Inspect inbound containers, reporting any damage accurately
- Carry out Cage Truck duties as needed:
- Installing and removing IBCs (inter box connectors) from railcar
- Unlocking/locking containers
- Driving ¾ tonne truck in tight areas
- Update inventory in our specialized onboard computer system (Oasis Program)
- Update and maintain accurate fuel records of company fleet
- Accurately report fuel records and temperatures on perishable loads
- Complete and document accurate pre-trip analysis of yard equipment using tablets
- Performing physical duties relevant to job requirements (standing/bending/lifting on railcars)
- Ability to understand and follow all safety procedures and regulations
- Carry out additional tasks as required
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Available to work night shifts highly preferred
- Must be able to work on a rotating 2-week,12-hour shift schedule
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all elements (Varies day-to-day – Approximately 75% of shift will be spent outdoors)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Fluent in English - Able to communicate clearly over the radio
- Able to demonstrate safe and efficient workplace practices
- Ability to work within a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Steel-toe boots with an 6” rise are mandatory
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (email)
- Must be able to pass a company paid pre-employment screening test and background check as this is a safety sensitive position
- Comprehensive group benefits
- RRSP matching
- Paid sick days
- Night shift premium upon hire
- Quarterly safety bonuses
- Steady hours with overtime opportunities
- Paid on-site training
- Hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety vests provided
MacCosham is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, colour, religion, sex, age, or disability in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation and benefits paid to them. MacCosham values the diversity of each individual we hire and serve. We foster a safe workplace where individuals feel welcomed, recognized, appreciated, and respected for their differences.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the MacCosham team, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview.