Outbound Contact Center Associate
As our Outbound Contact Center Associate you will be accountable for the effective servicing of members and will assist them with their financial objectives, primarily via telephone and email, consistently cross offering all credit union products and services when appropriate and in accordance with established credit union policies and procedures.
Who we are:
We are a consumer-friendly alternative to banking. We offer all the services you're accustomed to, but at better rates and lower fees. That's because we're structured differently than banks. Banks are in business to earn profits for their stockholder investors. Our credit union exists to improve our member's financial well-being. We don't have stockholders. Instead, we're cooperatively owned by our members (account holders). We return our profits to members in the form of higher dividends on savings, lower rates on loans and lower fees.
Our Mission is Empowering the pursuit of financial happiness. We live by our values of Honesty • Innovation • Generosity • Humility • Excellence • Respect
As our Outbound Contact Center Associate you will:
• Make outbound calls to members within established time frames to proactively identify cross-sell opportunities. Assist and counsel members on the full array of credit union products and services in order to help them obtain their financial goals and cross-selling all products and services to meet their needs.
• Foster and build member relationships. Provide service as necessary to all members consistent with the established policies and procedures of the credit union.
• Establish, maintain, grow and display basic member service skills, including: - Active listening, cross-selling, problem solving, conflict resolution, effective communication (words, tone, body language), product knowledge, personal accountability, and other skills identified by management.
• Develop and demonstrate excellent telephone service and problem-solving skills.
• Foster, develop, maintain and demonstrate selling skills in the following areas: - Reading members (words and tone), handling and overcoming objections, goal setting and attainment, understanding of bottom-line and business basics, presentation skills, forming and maintaining new relationships, and other skills identified by management. Obtain a strong familiarity with all credit union products, services and delivery methods offered (Internet, phone, etc). Continually update level of Product Knowledge as new products and services are offered.
Knowledge of financial services delivery, loan policies and procedures, fundamentals of lending, plus loan collection concepts and practices, certificates of deposit and individual retirement accounts preferred.
High level of oral and written communication skills, strong problem-solving ability, and experience/ability to effectively communicate via telephone and computer (email) is essential. Must be an analytical problem solver, able to perform math calculations, and follow/ provide clear directions. Must be customer focused with basic computer skills. High school diploma or equivalent along with 1-2 years’ experience in customer service required. Experience in a financial service institution, sales experience, or bilingual strongly preferred. EOE