Our Company is the leader in designing, developing, and implementing high-energy laser systems and processes. We are seeking an Optical Designer who will be responsible for directing and actively participating in product and process development in the areas of Laser Shock Peening and Composite Laser Bond Inspection.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report directly to the Vice President Technology & Innovation
- Contribute to products and processes by applying sound theoretical concepts in practical ways that influence current and future capabilities.
- Design and validate optical systems that support both internal and externally funded programs.
- Support internal process development and capabilities, as well as Laser Peening Systems and Laser Bond Inspection Systems provided to our customers.
- Perform all assigned functions in accordance with the requirements of the AS-9100 Quality Management System.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards and best practices.
- Support Corporate Mission, Vision, and Goals.
- Recommend policies and procedures that would be of material assistance in the attainment of improved business practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Hands-on laser and/or laser beam delivery experience
- Experience using laser beam propagation analysis software
- Experience designing relay imaging systems for lasers
- Experience designing optical systems for high-energy or high-power lasers
- Experience with spatial laser beam analysis
- Knowledge of high-power optical components and how they impact beam propagation, e.g. gain media, polarizing elements, Faraday isolators, etc..
- Experience with AS-9100, ISO 9000 or similar quality systems preferred
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Minimum of BS Physics and 7 years’ experience, Ph.D. preferred
- Demonstrated application of science through engineering and/or process development
- US Citizen, able to qualify for United States Department of Defense secret clearance
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Our Company is a fun and challenging place to work in a casual atmosphere. Come join the successful and growing company that pioneered the industry.
Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and 401k.