Carillon Nursing and Rehab Center located in Huntington, NY is currently seeking an experience Dialysis Patient Care Technician to join our dynamic team of caring professionals in the Dialysis Center. This is a Full-Time 13hrs 3 days a week position.
Primary Job Functions: The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is responsible for the general direct care of the patients receiving hemodialysis under the direction of the Medical Director. As a PCT you will play a significant part in Dialysis Center Team by monitoring and assessing patients during the course of treatment, document changes in the patient conditions, and informs the charge nurse of problems during treatment. Determine patient care priorities under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager. Performs in accordance with the established rules, regulations and standards of practice of the facility. Abides by all Federal, State and local regulations and laws relating to the operation of an ESRD facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- The insertion and removal of access needles in patients for dialysis treatment.
- Determines patient care priorities with the ability to organize workload efficiently and effectively.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Dialysis Technician Certification by a state certified program or a national, commercially-available certification program required per guidelines.
- Current CPR certification required (or must be obtained within 60 days of employment).
- Previous Dialysis Patient Care Tech experience.
Competitive salary, PTO and health benefits
We are an EOE