Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Berry Hill Resort located in South Boston, Virginia offers a unique and premiere guest and associate experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and professional individual for the position of Nail Technician at The Berry Hill Spa in South Boston, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
South Boston, VA
Health & Relaxation Spa
Part-time / On-call position
Monday – Friday - flexible office hours
Must be flexible to work weekends
The spa nail technician administers professional nail services for our guests. Including spa manicures and pedicures, Healing waters spa foot treatment and hand treatments.
They must have a thorough knowledge of nail maintenance and provide exemplary spa nail treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific treatment offerings for our guests.
They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively provide nail care solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
They must hold and maintain a current VA nail technician or cosmetology license.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional spa manicures and pedicures in accordance with the spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively and courteously inform and educate our guests about specific nail concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for the equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost control.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered and attend and participate in all training and staff meetings.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform cleaning and restocking as needed.
- Communicate to manager any and all occurrences involving guests or staff in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa treatments, services, and retail.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Be professional and courteous to our guests.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling all obligations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely manner.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Must be able to make important decisions “in the moment” under high stress.
- Social Orientation - Job requires a preference for working with others rather than working alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Prior experience and proper state licensing preferred
Up To Par Management/Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates.
Up To Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our “Be Exceptional” atmosphere.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
We invite you to explore Up To Par and Taylor Hospitality.