**Please complete application and profile questions to be considered for this position**
Salary: $50k to $70k depending on experience
This position will work a day shift between the hours of 5:00 am to 8:00 pm M-F with a rotating on-call shift for the Service Desk. Shift assignment will be based on need at the time and may change in the future.
Candidates are expected to have 5+ years of experience in a service/help desk or related engineer position.
This position requires excellent communication, technical skills, and customer service.
Must have hands-on experience and demonstrate the ability to methodically resolve printing, server, storage, wireless, telephony, network and end-user issues.
Candidates must be proficient in Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Office suites, Anti-virus Software, and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools.
- Ensure that all Service Desk Engineers are consulting with you at the 30 min mark of their phone call.
- Ensure that all service desk calls and tickets are escalated at the 45 min threshold and driven by you to resolution.
- Ensure that past due tickets are reviewed daily and contain a note from you each day when past due.
- Respond to service requests within 24 hours of receipt during business hours.
- Set and manage the client’s expectation for the tickets life-cycle to include Triage, In progress, Scheduling, Waiting, and resolutions.
- Resolve all reactive issues within 3 business days.
- Achieve 90% same day ticket resolution on all tickets assigned or escalated to you.
- Maintain a 4.85 or higher client satisfaction rating.
- Periodically hold technical coaching sessions with service desk team members.
- Provide support for the service desk in a back-up position if another team member calls out sick, is on vacation, or call overflow.
- Assist with proactive support tasks to clients related to alignment reviews.
- On-call support and projects occasionally require the candidate to have dependable transportation for local travel to customers in the DFW area.
- Engineer must accurately and promptly enter all-time billing, and keep their calendar up-to-date.
- Engineer should be able to work with Fulcrum team members to develop SOP’s and checklists to assist with knowledge gaps.
Other Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Remedy, ConnectWise, and Autotask
- Familiarity with previous RMM tools such as AEM, Labtech, and Kaseya.
- Experience with cloud-based anti-virus solutions such as Webroot, Symantec, and Sophos.
- Experience with cloud-based PBX and VoIP network troubleshooting.
- Understanding of networking equipment including switches, firewalls, routers, and access points.
- Experience with SNMP configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with network printing and scanning.
- Experience implementing and maintaining backup solutions such as StorageCraft, Veeam, and off-site replication.
- Understanding of storage devices to include Synology NAS, Dell Equal-Logic, and attached/unattached storage devices.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Remote App/Terminal Services functionality, thin clients, and infrastructure understanding.
- Knowledge of server load balancing, clustering, and failover.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012-2016 to include PowerShell, Group Policy, Active Directory configuration/troubleshooting, and certificate servers.