Seasonal Member Lounge Event Staff Member
Reports To: Membership Manager, Director of Safety and Event Services
Position Overview: Ensure a safe and fun environment for ArtsQuest Members and patrons by delivering exceptional customer service at the Member Lounge at Musikfest.
- Welcome ArtsQuest Members to Member Lounge – check Member Cards for validity, distribute Member information to non-Members
- Provide exceptional customer service to ArtsQuest Members and patrons; provide assistance as needed
- Assist with rules and policy enforcement for festivals and events
- Assist with weather or incident emergency evacuations
- Provide assistance during medical incidents by notifying the appropriate staff
- Provide access control to restricted areas, enforcing badge procedures at entrances and exits during festivals and events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Must be available to work during Musikfest (see details below).
- Must be friendly, personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with others; previous customer service experience preferred (at least 1 year); must have strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers, occasionally under stressful conditions.
- Ability to follow and communicate clear guidelines and work at a quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish or Asian dialect a plus.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a PA Criminal History Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
- One training date between July 16th and July 26th from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- August 2nd through August 11th, from 5 PM to 11 PM.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach overhead, reach away from the body, and repetitive motion.
- Ability to speak, see, hear, smell, feel (identify objects by touch), depth perception and color vision.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Seasonal/Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled