November Sign-on Bonus of $100 available to qualified applicants.
Grill Cook Description
Are you looking for an exciting job opportunity? Yes? Then we need to talk.
The Hardwood Cafe is looking for a best of the best Grill Cook to work in a fast-paced, fun, exciting, and GROWING environment.
Do I want Paid Vacations?
Do I want Competitive Wages?
Do I appreciate Training and Proven Advancement Potential?
Do I like to work in a Fun Team Atmosphere?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES! THEN DO WE HAVE THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU!
We are looking for YOU! You who loves cooking and passionate about guest service. We want to work with you! Apply now. Don't miss out!
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Hardwood Cafe may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ depending on business necessities and guest requirements.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including seasoning.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow standard protocols and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Must be organized and a problem solver
- Some heavy lifting required
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.