Summary of Position:
The Restaurant Supervisor assists the Manager by overseeing and executing the operations of the bar and restaurant during scheduled shifts. He/she ensures our service standards are met by providing customers with prompt service and quality food and beverage products in a welcoming, positive and clean atmosphere. The ideal candidate will enhance the mission of Neuman Hotel Group to provide personalized service and genuine hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands completely and conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training programs for Neuman Hotel Group.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Monitors setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of dining and bar areas.
- Acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of Manager.
- Manages the completion of the opening and/or closing checklist.
- Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Minimize employee turnover by assisting with new employee training, setting clear performance expectations, providing positive reinforcement for successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to store manager on employee performance and morale.
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas.
- Conducts inventory monthly or as directed.
- Follows all health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Contributes to the profitability of the restaurant by finding new methods for increasing sales.
- Maintains high-level bar standards of service.
- Makes a continuous effort to improve job skills, knowledge and education.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description
- Minimum of 1-2 years food & beverage supervisory experience required
- Bartending experience required
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Extensive wine knowledge strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
- Able to create a positive team dynamic with fellow managers and staff
- Must have a passion for hospitality
- Food handler’s permit and OLCC permit or ability to obtain them
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and bend, kneel, squat and reach occasionally throughout a shift