Commercial Banking Assistant
This position reports to the assigned Commercial Banking Officer with responsibilities including assisting with and/or managing the loan and deposit portfolios developed by the officer. Provides administrative support and customer service to the Commercial Banking customer base.
- Maintain customer confidentiality at all times.
- Manage customer portfolios, depending on position level.
- Provide departmental coverage as it relates to phone and walk-in clients to assist with banking and loan needs.
- Manage daily overdrafts for the office and make recommendations to the officer for disposition. The CBA has overdraft authority to make the decision, depending on position level.
- Has the authority to release a hold on funds, allowing customer access to immediate availability.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Run credit reports.
- Administrative support as directed by the officer.
- Ensures loan files and loan documents are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Prepare loan vouchers and supporting documentation to present loan package for approval.
- Analyze and make a recommendation for lending below certain amounts.
- Uses independent judgment and decision making in carrying out the essential functions of the position.
- Signs official checks, if necessary.
- Assist with or handle the preparation of all materials needed to initiate a lending transaction.
- Assist with or handle account openings and special services needed by customers.
- Orders inspections for construction or development projects from approved vendors
- Completes and retains all compliance-related documents especially as related to flood, RESPA, HMDA, and all other regulatory requirements
- Investigate electronic banking issues and provide assistance, if possible or refer to the appropriate bank personnel for correction.
- Assist the officer in the monitoring of matured and past due loans.
- Contact clients with maturing CD’s to ensure retention
- May attend loan closings to represent Resource Bank.
- Responsible for marketing Resource Bank in the public arena through personal and professional contacts.
- May serve as a liaison between customer and hired professionals (CPA) regarding confidential customer banking information, depending on position level.
- Other duties are necessary to make the Commercial Banking Department run successfully.
Experience and Education:
High school diploma or GED required with preference given to a four-year college degree in business. Must have previous banking experience in Retail Banking, Private Banking, Loan Administration or Commercial Lending.
Resource Bank strives to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled