We like to think we’re in the business of creating harmony. It’s why we fit fluffy beds into boxes and make bed frames and sofas that are as easy to assemble as they are to relax or fall asleep on. We are here to design tiny reminders that life is good. We pride ourselves in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee of a customer.
We are seeking a payroll and benefits specialist to handle accounting and finance tasks related to business operation and taxes, especially in regards to filing and distribution of audits, payroll, and W-2s. Other responsibilities include maintaining payroll data, prepare checks, obtain relevant data (such as salary adjustments), 401K administration, and help prepare W-2s.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the timely processing of bi-weekly payroll for 200+ employees.
- Work closely with management to ensure payroll compliance; ie: verifying hours, OT vacation and sick reporting and approvals, proper timecard approvals prior to processing.
- Administration of monthly reporting of contributions, monitoring PTO with payroll, monthly and annual reconciliation.
- Ensuring the accuracy of payroll deductions and costs.
- Timely and accurate payment of payroll liabilities.
- Process pay increases and retro payments; provide final payroll checks/vacation payout as needed for terminations.
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to all payroll transactions; will act as a liaison between Accounting and HR.
- Benefits Administration- including enrollments, terminations, changes, annual open enrollment; manage benefit withholdings through payroll deductions, 401(k), HSA, FSA, all other benefits. COBRA Administration.
- Works with HR to ensure compliance with the company's procedures and practices for terminations & onboarding of new hires.
- 401(k) administration to include payroll uploads, match contributions, end of year reconciliation, annual 5500 reconciliation and audit administration.
- Oversee 401(k), Worker's Comp, OSHA 300 record keeping and posting.
- Communicate with employees about compensation, benefits and other facts of their employment.
- Respond to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion.
- Oversee Worker's Compensation to include claims management; reporting, follow up with employees/claim rep/nurse case manager with follow through to closure.
- Worker's compensation monthly reporting and payment.
- Timely responses to VOE's verbal or written, levies, EDD claims/benefit statements, UI Filing responses, EDD new hire registry. Administer judgments, process wage order compliance through Paycom.
- Administer FMLA, CFRA, SDI, PDL, PFL and integration with payroll.
- Process confidential payables upon request.
- Manage all required annual reporting- W2's, state and federal filings/EFT's, EEO 1 annual reporting and determination.
- Census reporting/filing; CMS data match, Medicare Part D, EDD, IRS, DOL.? Payroll tax payments.
- Administer and maintain background check process for subcontractors, audit prep and response
- All other payroll, Benefits and HR related duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 5+ years of payroll and benefits administration experience
- Experience in working with HRIS and payroll systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Able to effectively communicate both written and verbally with all levels of organization * Professional demeanor
- Dependable, responsible and trustworthy
- Organized and able to meet critical deadlines
- Creative and innovative looks for ways to process improvements to improve team member experiences and efficiencies.
- Team-oriented and collaborative; able to work across all departments of the organization effectively to achieve optimal outcomes for all involved.
- Be familiar with Human Resources and industry standards, concepts, practices and procedures skills: Payroll Processing
Who You Are
- Strategic: you have experience turning ideas into action and able to show results
- Strong relationship builder: you know how to navigate organizational dynamics and build relationships with the right people
- Self-accountable: you hold yourself responsible for driving desired business outcomes and providing a delightful customer experience
- Self-motivated: you inspire the team by taking the initiative to own your performance and contributions to the team
- Growth-oriented: you embrace coaching and are able to apply feedback immediately to improve performance and evolve personally and professionally
- Data-driven: you get excited about leveraging data to drive recommendations to customers
- Dynamic: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited by change and ambiguity
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work within the US.