Cassena Care is actively seeking a qualified, experienced Regional Director of Nursing to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Position Summary: The Regional Director of Nursing Services would be responsible for
traveling to our facilities in the New York Region. Locations include; Bronx,
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and Long Island. In this position, he/she has five
primary domains of activity leading, collaborating, integrating, facilitating,
and evaluating thereby contributing to the creation and maintenance of an
environment that develops and supports professional nursing practices.
include but are not limited to:
- Managing nursing services from the
prospective of the facility as a whole.
- provides leadership and vision for nursing’s
philosophy, development, and advancement within the facility in particular and
for society at large.
- Participates in the administration of the
health care facility as a full member of the executive team.
- Participates in the strategic and long range
planning of the health care facility.
- Provide leadership and participates in the
determination of clinical and administrative nursing goals and directions.
- As approved by the Administrator and the
Regional Nursing Director acquires and allocates human material, and financial
resources for specific functions and processes.
- Monitors the EMR dashboard daily for
“Alerts”, and other issues identified and addresses them accordingly.
- Evaluates and revises the systems and
processes of organized nursing services to enhance achievement of identified
desired resident/patient/family-centered outcomes.
- Provides opportunities for consumer
(resident/patient/family) input into personal care decisions and policy
- Ensures the ongoing evaluation and innovation
of services provided by organized nursing services and the organization, and
promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Facilitates the conduct, dissemination, and
utilization of research in the areas of nursing, health, and management
- Serves as a professional role model and
mentor to motivate, develop, and recruit, and retain future nurse
- Conducts unit rounds to ensure that nursing
services are provided as intended.
- Serves as a change agent, assisting all staff
in understanding the importance, necessity, impact, and process of change.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate
and direct the Nursing Services Department, its programs and activities. Meets with Administration, Medical and
Nursing Staff, as well other related departments in planning Department
Services and programs.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in a supervisory capacity in
either a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related health care
- Experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices is
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in New York State. Minimum of
B.S. Degree in Nursing, Masters Preferred. Knowledge of MDS assessments and
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write in the English language in an
- Must possess sight/hearing senses of use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately so the requirements of this position can be
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility,
and the ability to work effectively with other personnel.
- Participates in the administration of the healthcare facility as a full
member of the executive team.Participates in the strategic and long range planning of the health care
- Provide leadership in the determination of clinical and administrative
nursing goals and directions.
- Participates in the determination of clinical and administrative nursing
goals and directions.
- As approved by the Administrator and the Corporate Nurse, acquires and
allocates human, material, and financial resources for specific functions and
Care is committed to delivering the highest quality rehabilitation and nursing
care in the region. The three core concepts behind the Cassena Care business
model are renew, restore, and rehabilitate – all of which reflect our
commitment to optimizing both emotional and physical health and to giving our
patients everything they need to sustain good health for years to come
- Health and dental benefits
- PTO package
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are an EOE