Our purpose is to build CDI’s current and
future workload with accurate bids to enable maximizing profitability through
project management and final installation of projects. The Estimator will coordinate
efforts for preparing bid proposals for any work CDI elects to bid.
is a full-time, hourly position, Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Overtime
as required due to bid schedules.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create accurate quantity takeoffs, and obtain and evaluate
pricing for materials, equipment and subcontractors.
2. Prepare estimates for proposals that meet the specifications
and deadlines as laid out in the RFQ or bid documents, ensuring that bids and
proposals are accurate, complete and competitive, whether hard-bids or
3. Assist in developing full-scale project plans and
4. Assist PM’s and field personnel in preparing and presenting
change-orders to customers, ensuring completeness and accuracy in all work, and
ensuring the maximum change-order profit achievable.
5. Follow up with clients on submitted bids for results and negotiation
1. Work with estimating team to complete
cost estimates of assigned projects by requested completion dates. Working individually
or as a part of a team on a project as requested.
2. Request and evaluate pricing for
materials, equipment, and sub-contractors.
3. Analyzes problems and makes sound
decisions promptly based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
4. Build good business relationships with
Vendors and Clients
5. Create written documents and/or present
information to others.
6. Assist the estimating leads with maintaining the estimate
database, ensuring accurate and timely additions or changes are made, and
updates are applied as needed.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Demonstrate extensive and thorough knowledge of
Erosion Control and Reclamation Markets to win more bids.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully bid EC and
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the Company
Bid Schedule to complete jobs on time.
- Produce a volume
of estimates with a success rate that meets the operations teams’ current
goals for revenue.
- Proficient in reading
and implementing construction site plans and specifications.
- Strong math
skills, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or
ratios; area and volume calculations and ability to read scale
computer skills – standard Microsoft Office programs (Word, Xcel, Outlook)
and familiarity with project management software, Bid2Win Estimating
Software, or similar. PlanSwift or equivalent.
- Working knowledge
of reading Plans and Specs
- Strong written
and verbal communication skills in English; Spanish a plus
1. Strong planning, coordination, and organization skills.
2. Good interpersonal skills with customers, field staff, and
3. Strong analytical skills, and ability to make sound,
evidence-based decisions, based on business objectives, known and assumed risks,
4. Motivated self-starter
with demonstrated ability to work both independently and with others in a team
environment with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, manage time
and handle tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
Education – High school diploma or GED required
Experience – Two to three of construction experience, preferably in
Erosion Control or Reclamation.
Skills – Exhibit strong regard for organizing and prioritizing,
as well as an ability to meet deadlines. Excellent written and verbal
communication skills. Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred. Additionally, a proven ability to navigate
through difficult situations with employees, customers, and vendors.
job functions in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, iPad, cell phones, phones, photocopiers, scanners
and filing cabinets.
is a fast-paced work environment and you must be able to keep up with the demands
of daily work.
Lift up to 50 lbs.
Walking in various weather and ground conditions on jobsites
Pass pre-hire, post-incident and random drug testing and physical
physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Consolidated Divisions Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled