Working in the capacity of Site Director for the Texas ACE Program, the Club Director will oversee the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the Texas ACE Program at the assigned center. Directs overall daily operations of the designated Club. The primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision, and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
- Preferred - Masters Degree in education or related field
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with the public and frontline staff
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of computer proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Preferred - Ability to communicate in the native language(s) of program recipients
- Experience working with high-risk children and families
- Experience in staff supervision
- Knowledge of community resources
- Preferred – 21st CCLC or After School / Summer School Program experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and work closely with school administration to implement the program
- Ensure high-quality program services and support to enrolled students that meet the Texas ACE Program objectives in an effective manner
- Assure regular student participation, as defined by program requirements, by monitoring attendance and taking steps to ensure that regular student counts are met or exceeded.
- Coordinate data entry and evaluation of the program at the center
- Establish Club programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and feedback to develop skills in the program area(s)
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting.
- Recruit, train, and develop frontline staff to achieve intended objectives
- Lead and facilitate ongoing planning efforts including community outreach.
- Coordinate with community stakeholders to establish a sustainability plan to be implemented at the conclusion of grant funding.
- Manage Club financial resources. Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operations of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including the use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Conduct regular evaluations, conduct regular staff meetings and provide ongoing feedback regarding employee performance.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders, and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services, and activities within the Club and community.
- Coordinate outside resources and experiential learning opportunities to enhance programs.
- Conduct tours and host club visits and/or community events.
Standard physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting, basic motor skills to access computer files for information or simple data entry. Occasional travel along with frequent prolonged and irregular hours. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate campus functions; maintain emotional control under stress. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled