Open the door to a career with the largest apartment community in Mississippi! Heritage Properties Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Lead Maintenance Tech at Cambridge Station Apartment Homes, a beautiful, 176 unit conventional apartment community, in Oxford, MS. If you have a proven track record of successful apartment maintenance operations, Heritage Properties invites you to apply for this position. A minimum of 2 years of experience and EPA certification is required.
The Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a clean and well-maintained living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. It is the Lead Maintenance Technician’s duty to anticipate, identify and correct all problems involving the property and to implement procedures that will prevent such problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
HVAC repairs and installation, light electrical duties, basic plumbing, general building maintenance and troubleshooting, make ready scheduling, pool maintenance, and the ability to take call for emergencies after hours.
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Performs maintenance tasks personally and delegates to assistants. Oversees and occasionally inspects work performed by vendors and maintenance techs.
- Institutes and manages the system for handling resident service requests. Completes work orders within 24 hours when possible.
- Schedules maintenance personnel in conjunction with the manager so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with the entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and refrigerants
- Must be aware of the condition of the physical property throughout the community and immediately correct hazardous conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Indoctrinates and assists in the development of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instills a "safety first" attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff members.
- Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Diagnoses and performs on a daily basis minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door locks, mailboxes, and locks
- Controlled access systems (where applicable)
- Ceiling leaks and walls
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Possesses knowledge of budget and budget compliance.
- Changes locks and make ready keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant.
- Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to the dumpster when necessary. Use a dolly or back support belt.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the manager or property supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Position requires at least 3 years’ experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekends as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Type 1 and 2 EPA certification required
- CPO certificate a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K after one year
- Opportunity for growth