REPORTS TO: Hockey Programs Department
DURATION: Spring 2020 Semester: Part-Time and Full-Time options available
The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. Hockey Programming Interns will provide support to all Hockey Programs staff members to successfully prepare and deliver quality ice hockey and life skills programming to Snider Hockey students. This position is open to students looking to gain well-rounded experience and exposure to aspects of the Sports Industry including Sports Management, Communications, Community Relations, and Coaching. The internship is conditional on the successful completion of a background check and availability provided during the interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing and executing on/off-ice activities and programming at Snider Hockey facilities throughout Philadelphia.
- Assisting Hockey Programs staff in planning and coordinating Snider Hockey special events.
- Providing administrative support by assisting with communications initiatives, recruiting activities, registration tasks, and conducting preliminary research.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ice hockey experience is important but not mandatory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidates should be highly motivated to learn and able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
- Occasional night and/or weekend responsibilities and travel in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.
Pay Status: This is an Unpaid Internship. No financial compensation is available, but students are eligible to receive academic credit.
- Yes / No: Do you have experience playing and/or coaching ice hockey?
- Yes / No: Do you have housing in the Philadelphia area?
- Yes / No: Do you have or are you able to acquire Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey Child Abuse Clearances?
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled