Job Title: Facilities, Food Safety Technician
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Food, Safety and Compliance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This person will work independently or with others to perform routine facility repairs and services while complying with regulatory requirements and company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of brewing equipment, storage facilities & tanks, packaging and warehouse areas used in the manufacturing process for brewing beer.
- Responsible for physical inspections of the facility, grounds, premises, common areas, restrooms, etc.; noting anything that might be in need of repair, maintenance, clean-up, or shows signs of biological growth hazards and will report findings to supervisor to schedule for resolution.
- Will perform minor safety-related inspections including eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, safety glass stations, and exit lighting.
- Under the direction and supervision of a skilled worker, will assist in conducting minor repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including: painting, patching, office and bar equipment, furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, etc.
- Will be responsible for prioritizing work schedule, handling urgent requests, responding to calls as required, and complete any and all assigned facility support, clean-up, maintenance, moving including possible special event support, set-up, and takedown work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Flexible to work rotating schedules as business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds and pulling up to 70 pounds.
- Very high noise levels in/around the bottling line (ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (earplugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
- Able to climb ladders and work at elevated heights.
- Have Forklift, Scissor Lift, and Man lift experience.
- Have an eye for detail and be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedule checklists.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Ability to safely use basic handheld and power tools such as drills, pressure washer, etc. and ensure they are in good working conditions.
- Maintain buildings exteriors appearance.
- Purchase supplies and maintain an organized supply storage area.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently without direct supervision.
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies, and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation, and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled