Do you have a passion for helping customers? Do you have a great attitude and ability to work through challenges to solve customer's problems? Fortress Railing Products is dedicated to providing world class customer service and we have structured this position to enable you to help the company achieve this goal. Our Customer Service Associates ensure that we are delivering quality customer service in a timely manner and “Make it Happen” for our customers.
We are looking for someone who can exhibit our values every day:
Work Hard, Play Hard
- Passionate about the Fortress Company people, products, and brands
- Willingness to go above and beyond for the success of The Fortress Company
- Has a balanced, energetic and fulfilling life outside of work and enjoys being part of the Fortress team
Positive, Can Do Attitude
- Embraces the challenges of the company and customers with the intent of finding solutions
- Seeks positive outcomes in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds
- Sets challenging goals and continuously seeks ways to accomplish them
Compete and Win as a Team
- Apart from Faith and Family, places company and the team as a priority
- Competitive nature always striving to win
Innovate and Seek Continuous Improvement
- Embraces change and innovation
- Sees the continuous improvement process as the means to the victory
- Willingness to bring forth innovative solution based changes
We are Respectful
- Fosters mutual respect with internal customers, external customers, and vendors
- Professional approach and demeanor
- Willingness to be part of something bigger than the individual. We want to be known as the company with the best people, products, and ultimately the best brand.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally receive and handle calls regarding customer service, product line inquiries, and purchase orders. Direct calls to the necessary recipients as appropriate.
- Process customer purchase orders received by fax and/or email.
- Create and send warehouse order acknowledgments to customers prior to shipment.
- Provide detailed product support to customers, distributors, and sales representatives.
- Provide freight quotes for customers.
- Maintain accurate customer information.
- Provide inside sales support for Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Process orders and deliver pick tickets to the warehouse.
- Assist in prepping shipments documentation for invoice processing.
- Assist sales staff and customers with order/invoice questions and shipment tracking.
- Assist management with other duties as assigned.
- Assist in all day-to-day tasks related to customer service and office administration.
In order to perform this job successfully, the Customer Service Representative must be able to perform each Essential Duty satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Must possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Previous manufacturing customer service strongly preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess effective time management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Two years related experience and/or training in a call center environment is required. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Some college is desired in a related field.
Ability to read and interpret various documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with individuals or groups of customers or employees. Multi-lingual is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra; ability to create basic formulas
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate Microsoft Office applications, computerized word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software programs. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software desired. Must possess typing skills of at least 40 wpm, and ability to operate a 10-key machine.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The Customer Service Representative must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License, and must maintain evidence of automobile insurance for personal vehicles if/when used in the course of business.
The work environment may require physical demands that must be met by the Customer Service
Representative to successfully perform the Essential Duties of his/her job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the CSR is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. He/she is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and is occasionally required to stand. He/she may be required on occasion to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 401K plan with company match.
- Continuing education program.
- Group dental, health and death benefits.
- Group life insurance.
- Short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD).
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits
- Paid time off
- Growing company with excellent opportunity for advancement.
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled