FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES::
General responsibilities will include taking a lead role monitoring report card collection data and student performance. Academic Instructors assist with all academic activities at their respective sites. The Academic Instructor will also provide administrative support with various academic projects while connecting players with appropriate academic support resources. The successful candidate will take pride in mentoring participants to become productive citizens who give back to their communities. The Academic Instructor plays a vital role in spreading the Foundationâ€™s core values of education, responsibility, hard work, and giving back.
- In-person work with and guiding students in 1:1 or small group sessions.
- Collecting report cards from all Snider Hockey participants. It will be necessary to communicate with parents and players on a daily basis.
- Developing and distributing promotional materials such as posters, letters, and handouts with regards to report card collection.
- Communicating with the Site Coordinator and Coordinator for Academic Achievement on a daily basis to inform them of playersâ€™ academic performance and any students in academic danger.
- Connecting students in need of academic assistance with appropriate resources and when necessary providing additional academic support, including but not limited to: reading assistance, required tutoring and homework help, and assisting students to apply to college.
- Experience in STEM topics is preferred, but not required.
- Flexible availability is necessary as night duty and travel throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region is required. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a High School Diploma in order to be considered for the position, Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred.
- Successful candidates should be those who have experience working with children, particularly within an academic and athletic environment.
- Applicants must be reliable and possess a general willingness to assume all required responsibilities by performing all assigned tasks.
- It is especially important that candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills are critical.
- Advanced computer skills are needed and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Applicant must be able to pass background checks and Pennsylvania clearances.
The intellectual, social, and physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be navigated by the Academic Instructors to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.â€¯
INTELLECTUAL AND SOCIAL DEMANDS:
While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits.â€¯ The position
requires constant attention to precise details and specified
standards including:â€¯ following simple to complex (more than three steps)
instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a
While performing the essential functions of the job, the
employee constantly operates a computer andâ€¯otherâ€¯office devices such
telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc. Occasionally moves about inside
office space to access storage areas, cabinets, and office machinery.
Occasionally does local driving in support of work-related projects. Occasional
pushing, pulling, lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed
indoors, mainly at ice hockey rinks but including occasional visits
to the office and special event sites (indoor/outdoor in the weather
conditions prevalent at the time).â€¯ The noise level in the work environments
can range from moderate to loud during events/programs, and is minimal
during non-event/program times.â€¯
Most work is completed during after school/evening hours. There
may also be opportunities to work standard work hours and/or weekend
duties in the Greater Philadelphia area.