Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Advancement Services Coordinator
Start: April 2019
TheAdvancement Services Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting the school’s fundraising efforts. This positionwill identify and conduct research on prospective donors, collect and analyze data from a broad range of sources, prepare detailed profiles and briefings, and, when needed, participate in prospect review and strategy development. The Advancement Services Coordinator is charged with managing the school’s Raiser’s Edge database in all areas. This will include a new focus on assisting account managers to provide stewardship to donors in an organized fashion.
- Be responsible for the management of the Raiser’s Edge database; exploit its features to fully support all campaigns including prioritization and tracking contact activity of new and existing prospects; and ensuring that accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Identify, research and create profiles by interpreting, analyzing, and reporting on information related to donor wealth, investments and giving history to support the development of solicitation strategies.
- Work with the Alumni Engagement Officer to identify and qualify prospective high value alumni donors.
- Assist with all fundraising campaigns by providing school account managers with contact details and relevant research data.
- Enter and track all donations, including pledges and monies as well as receipts of all incoming payments in a manner that reconciles with the Finance Department; and generate receipts and thank you letters.
- Prepare progress and financial reports for the Deputy Head that can be shared with the Head of School, Society and Foundation Boards.
- Oversee and monitor the stewardship annual calendar, following up where necessary.
- Assist with mail and/or email campaigns related to the Annual Appeal; produce mailing lists and update activity logs.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or other related field, an asset.
- Experience in prospect research and using prospect research tools.
- Experience with fundraising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge and/or NXT.
- An equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience may be considered for the right individual who is keen to learn.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters strong and productive relationships with a diverse group of people.
- An analytical mindset with a special interest in research, data analysis and interpretation.
- An ability to develop and maintain a deep understanding and expert use of the school's donor and alumni database.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize under strict deadlines.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances to support team and school goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a positive and collaborative team.
- A helpful nature and willingness to participate and assist in other areas of Advancement, when necessary.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by Friday, March 22, 2019.
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.