The Varioline Operator performs all tasks involved in the packaging of products. This includes machine operation, inspection, light maintenance, and packing. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products to standards.
- Adjust machine components according to the product.
- Assist with changeovers at the packer.
- Stock and sort product for packaging, replenish packaging supplies, such as wraps, cartons, glue, ink or labels.
- Clean around the perimeter of Varioline, its infeed area and discharge area, including inkjet coders.
- Assist with hand-packing as needed.
- Assist with rework as needed.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected beer cases according to direction.
- Stop or reset Varioline when malfunctions occur, troubleshooting and diagnosis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Flexible to work on a rotating schedule as business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line (ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies, and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation, and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled