SmartLinx Solutions is a rapidly expanding Human Capital Management SaaS company looking for a talented and passionate Product Marketing Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to evangelize and drive the outbound marketing activities for our product suite. You will be responsible for crafting messaging and positioning, developing innovative marketing programs, sales enablement and managing go to market activities. In your role as Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and enable the sales team with that knowledge. This position reports to the VP of Product Management & Strategy and will work closely with product managers, corporate marketing, sales, and customers.
We offer a diverse, casual work environment, with a great entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to learn and grow very quickly, but always with an eye toward a proper work/life balance.
In this role, you will...
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Content Development – Create marketing and sales collateral, such as infographics, data sheets, presentations, eBooks, videos, etc.
- Demand generation – develop the go to market strategy and execution that drives demand for your products
- Formulate and drive pricing strategies in collaboration with our product managers
- Act as the face of the SmartLinx product suite for both internal and external stakeholders while building effective relationships.
- Own ‘voice of the customer’ for the SmartLinx suite through regular interaction with business users and clients including focus groups, one-on-one conversations, user groups, among other methods.
- Help establish and gain corporate approval for product marketing budgets, activities, and investments.
- Manage projects and programs to scope and budget.
- Maintain awareness of the industry, competitive and regulatory trends
- Be part of a collaborative, knowledgeable and high energy team of software professionals
You'll need to have…
5+ years of experience a technology Product Marketing Manager or related relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience with HR software and solutions or related experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Communication or a related field. MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in market analysis, solution pricing, and go-to-market strategies.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and business process development skills.
- Comfortable speaking both in front of small groups of executives and large mixed audiences.
- Experience with writing market requirements, business cases, and product positioning.
- Passionate attention to detail in defining and documenting the voice of the customer through interviews, surveys and market research
- Experience with interfacing directly with customers and the sales organization.
- Ability to work independently yet remain a strong team player/leader.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task is a must
- Ability to deliver on time to a high quality in an Agile development environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Positive outlook and a self-starter, with a problem-solving approach to requirements design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Even better if you have...
- Experience in the enterprise, SaaS, and/or Human Capital Management software
- Experience with HR and/or ERP systems (e.g. WorkDay, PeopleSoft, SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle, ADP, Kronos, Ceridian, Paychex, Namely)
- Pragmatic Marketing Product Marketing Management certification or similar
- Understanding of user-centered design & research methodologies
- Experience conducting market research, surveys and customer interviews
- Experience using in-product analytics to gather user feedback such as Google Analytics or Pendo
- Experience with mobile application development
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills across a variety of roles – technical, business and customers
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; understanding of project management best practices