C4 Therapeutics is pioneering a new class of drugs. C4’s technology platform produces small molecule drugs that harness machinery already present in cells to selectively target disease-relevant proteins for degradation. Our approach has the potential to address a broad range of diseases including cancer, infectious disease, and autoimmune disorders.
Reporting to the Director of Translational Biology, this candidate will apply in vivo pharmacology expertise and leadership capabilities to support translational biology research for multiple oncology programs.
- As Translational Biology Lead, you will design and manage in vivo pharmacology campaigns to support preclinical development of oncology programs
- Leveraging CROs and academic collaborators, you will deliver data to inform on PK, PD and efficacy relationships, predictive and target engagement biomarkers, appropriate target indication(s) and mechanisms to combat drug resistance
- Contribute to lead optimization by working closely with chemistry, cell pharmacology, and DMPK to help devise SAR strategies for candidate optimization and selection
- Communicate data and strategy effectively in a variety of settings
- Serve as disease biology expert on cross-functional discovery teams, staying up to date on emerging data in the disease area
- Growing into the role, you will serve as Project Lead, where you will develop plans around the program strategy and oversee its execution through cross-functional teams
- Support oversight of translational biology efforts for multiple oncology programs in preclinical development
- Manage and mentor a team of internal translational biologists, ensuring that the team develops expertise in all aspects of in vivo studies and data interpretation
- Contribute to the authorship of clinical trial related documents and scientific manuscripts
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or related field with 8+ years of post-graduate oncology experience with a focus on in vivo pharmacology and small molecule cancer drug development
- Demonstrated success as a lead in vivo pharmacologist, with a proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on the strong scientific rationale
- Demonstrated ability to organize, analyze, and communicate complex data sets
- Good understanding of ADME & DMPK results and interpretation to inform on in vivo study strategy/needs
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports, and ability to lead cross-functional collaborations including CROs and academic collaborators