PRIMARY FUNCTION: Plans, assist with implementing, supervises and evaluates activities provided within specific program areas such as Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education. Ensures data is put into the tracking system and reports are submitted.
REQUIREMENTS: A successful applicant will have a High School diploma or College Degree, experience in working with children/parents, knowledge of youth development, ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems, ability to deal with the general public, ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth, ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment, ability to compose a weekly/monthly lesson plan, knowledge of computer and data entry and the ability to provide programs for children ages 5-8, 9-12, and 13-18 and manage the group while in the program area, while indicating on each lesson plan tasks for volunteers.
- Establish weekly/monthly programs calendar consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Develop a schedule of programs that will be presented at the site for the week and month and keep staff notebook updated using the youth development report form for each activity conducted.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas.
- Create an environment that promotes and stimulates program participation.
- Register new members and participate in their club orientation.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, service, and activities for drop-in members.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services, and activities to ensure the safety of members and maintain the appearance of the facility.
- Ensure the evaluation of the Club programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to members’ needs.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions.
- External: Maintains contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.