We transform the
way people use energy.
About the Organization
leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe in the good things efficiency
brings to our lives, and we come to work every day to make the world a better
place – starting in our own province. We have successfully helped hundreds of
thousands of families, businesses, non-profits, and institutions transform how they use energy – and we will continue to lead the way in the transition to
a low-carbon future. We are deeply committed to climate change and are a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic
Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has
achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of
Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about
ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs. We understand
that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially
equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares
about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges
hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero
carbon by 2050.
If you want
to be part of an organization with an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero and help build a thriving, resilient future for Nova
Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with
us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their
firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
& Information Management Analyst provides information management support to meet data
quality standards and reporting requirements.
This includes developing and managing data migration processes,
exception reporting and handling, and resolving data exceptions. The role is
also responsible for handling data change management as it relates to new data
requirements and fulfilling information and reporting requests from
across the organization.
A snapshot of what you will be involved
- Providing data production
support for the Customer Information System (CIS) and data warehouse, including
ingestion of new data streams and maintenance of existing production loads.
- Responsible to develop data
exception reports to identify, track, correct, and prevent data errors.
- Responsible for data management
and wrangling, including standardizing, combining, and summarizing large data
- Responsible for data change
management (related to the Customer Information System (CIS) and data
- Responsible for the fulfillment
of ad-hoc data and information/report requests.
- Working with internal clients
to ensure data requirements are met.
- Supporting EfficiencyOne by
maintaining a safe and professional work environment, embracing the
organizational culture, being an ambassador for the organization, and respecting
- Performing any other duties as
required from time to time.
What Will Help You
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
specializing in data/information management; or equivalent combination of
education and work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a
similar data management role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data
analysis and related computer applications.
- Experience combining,
extracting, and analyzing data from several sources and formats.
- Experience with Salesforce and
Power BI is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with SQL and Python
- Detail-oriented, customer
focus, time management, and excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivated, takes the initiative and handles multiple tasks, and works to a high standard in an environment with
- Strong analytical skills along
with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to
effectively explain complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences, as
well as experience in writing technical documentation
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office
software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
What to expect in your first several weeks on the
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the BI team and learn
about the organization
- Learn about E1's business, data,
and processes as they pertain to reporting and data management
In the first month, expect to:
- Develop rapport with the rest
of the BI Team
- Develop an understanding of
internal processes and role responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders
from around the organization and begin project work
In the first three months, expect to:
- Manage project plan and
successfully execute associated tasks
- Actively contribute to team
meetings and work independently within the BI Team and organization
is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one
that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications
from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons
with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual
orientations, and gender identities