Event Sales Specialist
Event Sales Specialsit
Wedding Sales Manager
The Event Sales Specialist is responsible for producing F&B revenues with primary focus on catered events at ICONA Diamond Beach with the goal of reaching $300,000 in Event Sales annually. Event Sales Specialist acts as the first point of contact for clients interested in hosting their Events at ICONA. Establishes relationships with potential clients and books events to meet quarterly and annual Catering Sales goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Follow up with social leads within 24 hours, via phone and email communications.
- Schedule and conduct site tours with prospective clients; Represent ICONA in a professional and courteous manner while touring venue.
- Consistently work to exceed client’s expectations by proactively anticipating their needs.
- Provide accurate information such as event date availability, pricing, and package details to clients.
- Prepare and execute contracts in an accurate and timely manner. Consult with Wedding Sales Manager before finalizing contract negotiations when they are an exception to approved parameters.
- Obtain package menu pricing from Executive Chef; collaborate with Executive Chef on custom menus and pricing as needed.
- Collect event payments, send receipts to clients and track financial information to ensure full payment is received before services are rendered; ensure final invoices are accurate.
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of budget for social event sales in conjunction with overall sales and marketing plan of the company.
- Meet and collaborate with sales team members to improve sales tactics and techniques to close the sale.
- Actively track sales activity and progress through online Reserve system. Help troubleshoot the system and formalize reports.
- Attend local/regional networking events to obtain potential clients.
- Assist in day-of coordination of Social Events.
- Greet guests, cover manager on duty shifts as needed. Ensure that event space is set to guest’s needs, as outlined in the Banquet Event Order.
- Participate in weekly meetings and day-of pre-shift meetings with Food & Beverage department to ensure proper event setup, timing, and details are met to ensure standards of performance are monitored and maintained.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to ensure successful social events and repeat annual business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local vendors. Obtain and manage photos of events.
- Monitor and maintain catering menus and creates opportunities to upsell food and beverage items or services.
- Understand and exemplify ICONA’s culture/mission.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the Resort and all amenities and services that are offered.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory experience.
This position operates in an office/hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. This position also operates in an event venue and commercial kitchen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Under 2/3rd of the time.
- Walk- Under 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include nights weekends and holidays.
There is no travel for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior Marketing & Sales experience.
- Prior hospitality experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of social media accounts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.