If you are PASSIONATE about cooking with fresh, local, seasonal, organic and local products, we want to hear from you!
Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine and Luna Cafe celebrate Oregon: its farms, orchards, creameries, and wineries offering dishes that excite and delight with freshness and flavors. We are passionately committed to offering the freshest, local ingredients possible for creating innovative cuisine from scratch. Larks Restaurant creates a connection between restaurant guests and our local farmers, ranchers, distillers, and winemakers.
Summary of Position: Assists in the daily operations of the restaurant, banquets, and catering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Responsible for the organization of the kitchen, to include: food storage, sanitation, cleaning, and safety.
- Evaluates food products to assure quality standards are consistently maintained.
- Execute regular cleaning and maintenance schedule
- Support safe work habits and safe working environment at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Food Handlers Permit required.
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat coworkers, supervisors, and guests with respect and courtesy.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment
- Standing for extended amounts of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds (and occasionally up to 75 pounds with assistance)
- Work late or irregular hours, nights, weekends and some holidays.