Position: Network Engineer
Location: United States- Virginia – Joint Base Langley-Eustis AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance: DoD Secret Security Clearance
Contract Pay Rate: $52 per hour
Conversion Salary: $105,000 - $120,000
Contract: 6-month temporary-to-hire
Full benefits will be included upon conversion
Provide assistance and oversight for on-site systems architecture, analysis, design, and engineering support services for unclassified and classified Langley AFB communications networks with respect to the following: routing and switching; security; IP voice, video, and collaboration; IP quality of service; capacity and continuity planning, performance, problem and change management; and the integration and co-existence of these technology categories.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide assistance to include, but not limited to, encryption strategies; system monitoring; load balancing; and enhanced network performance with applicable patches and upgrades.
- Advise clients on current and planned projects (involving technologies, methodologies, tools, etc.) to improve network optimization.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems—which may require work on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Troubleshoot network hardware, software, firmware and configuration issues, and document findings in a Network Health Assessment Report.
- Provide network change support for hardware, software, firmware or configuration events that may involve evaluating the potential impact of proposed change requests, implementation procedures, technical solutions, project plans and project support agreements.
- Implement and integrate technical requirements and design goals into the overall network design.
- The contractor shall prepare project implementation documentation to include requirements documents, technical solutions, project plans, and project support agreements and change requests.
- Provide performance engineering and optimization analysis to sustain a high-performance network and meet the changing demands on the network.
- Provide training and guidance on internet working product and technology topics.
- Attend, conduct, and participate in meetings, briefings, conferences and teleconferences convened at the direction of the Government.
- At least 4-8 years technical experience; a relevant 4 year college degree or an additional 4 years of work related experience; advanced studies/degree highly desired.
- Comply with and maintain DoD 8570 IAT Level II, i.e., Security+ Certification.
- Possess and maintain CCNP Certification - Routing/Switching certification.
- Must have solid understanding of IP telephony, Visio, and network mapping/management tools.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.