The District operates multiple locations, Maple Meadows in Wood Dale, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison and Green Meadows in Westmont. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
- Greet and service customers, coordinate flow of golf play, identify and report potential problems, replenish ice water coolers on the golf course, and set up for golf events.
- Verify receipts, organize and start golfers, maintain a ledger of golfers, and enforce facility policies.
- Walk between cart storage and staging areas to prepare golf carts for customer rental. Attend to cart fleet tasks including washing, gassing, emptying garbage, changing flat tires, and reporting damage.
- Attend to the practice area, including the retrieval of range balls and empty baskets from practice area, cleaning practice range balls, and restocking the ball dispenser.
- Keep golf equipment and premises clean. Perform custodial and basic maintenance functions. Clean, sanitize, and deodorize restrooms and replenish supplies, vacuum floors, and remove trash.
- May be responsible for the opening and closing of the cart storage area including securing doors, locking up premises, and activating the alarm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- One (1) year experience in a customer service environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to stand and walk for the length of a shift.
- Ability to lift or move 40 pounds or more.
- Ability to transport carts and walk between cart storage and staging areas.
Work Environment: indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions in a golf facility setting.
Hours: March 15 - November 15; 25 - 30 hours per week; Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
On-boarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
CPR/First Aid Training
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
*Applications must be filled out to their entirety, including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application