Start date: Approximately November 5, 2018
End date: Approximately December 22, 2018
Under the leadership of the Sous Chef, the Banquet Cook is responsible for preparing and delivering food service as per the catering function sheet.
- Create exceptional experience through high-quality food and superior customer service.
- Provides professional creative feedback/improvements on menu items.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Prepare food as directed, following specifications on Event Orders.
- Ensures work area is clean, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration is in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Support other positions within the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Culinary training strongly preferred.
- Red Seal Training preferred, but not necessary.
- Alberta FoodSafe training mandatory.
- Valid Alberta or out of province vehicle operator’s license.
- One to two years’ experience in a culinary environment. Strong preference is given to those with experience in mid to large sized operations.
- Ability to operate golf carts and one-tonne panel trucks.
- Ability to read and follow instructions as per catering function sheets.
- Committed to working the entire season with a maximum of one week of vacation from May-August.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week on a regular basis from May-August.
- Able to work in fast pace environment.
- Exposure to hot and cold elements in the kitchen.
- Periodical exposure outside the kitchen on zoo grounds.
- Consistent exposure to flora and fauna on zoo grounds.
- Flexible work schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), walking and standing for long periods of time required.
What the zoo has to offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage, and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you and your immediate family members.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department. Please quote the position title in the subject line.