Function – Scope Statement:
Responsible for providing accounting support and assistance to the Finance team in carrying out the overall financial and accounting function for the organization. Includes efficient processing and payment of accounts payable.
Major Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Code downloaded credit card transaction spreadsheet and enter a journal into accounting software after matching all expense system reports.
- Review and distribute invoices for approval.
- Code and enter invoices into accounting software.
- Process accounts payable checks utilizing accounting system.
- Resolve discrepancies through correspondence with staff and vendors.
- Maintain vendor files in accounting software
- Maintain documentation files.
- Process credit card receipt transactions.
- Code and enter cash, credit card, and check receipts into accounting software.
- Verify timesheets for missing punches and paid time off in the payroll system.
- Enter payday specific transactions in the payroll system.
- Process payroll biweekly utilizing payroll system.
- Prepare reconciling payroll spreadsheet and enter the journal in accounting software.
- Enter mileage and other employee reimbursements in the payroll system.
- Resolve employee inquiries.
1. Perform reconciliations of payables, capital and restricted accounts, et al.
- May be assigned other special projects.
- Prepare annual 1099’s and 1096 for federal tax purposes.
- Proactively look into ways to save organization money with vendors; i.e. analyzing electrical, communication billings, etc.
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
1. Associate’s preferred or three to five years of comparable experience
2. More than one year of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software experience.
3. Strong IT skills with knowledge of Excel/spreadsheet and Office products.
4. Good organization and attention to detail.
5. Ability to work harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
6. Demonstrates the ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
7. Ability to plan, organize, schedule and budget time in a productive manner.
8. Able to manage multiple tasks.
9. Ability to meet internal and external customer needs in a way that provides satisfaction and results for the customer.
10. Skilled in written and oral communication.
Internal: Communicate with Club staff, the administrative staff, and President.
External: Communicate with Board Members, donors, vendors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled