BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of an SAE Level 4 automated driving system in China for mobility services.
The primary responsibility of this job is to lead a team of engineers in the development of safety monitoring and functional safety needed to support an SAE Level 4 system. The person will be responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of Havel’s Safety system.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Develop a safety team, system, and process that will achieve SAE level 4 functional safety supporting the broad ADS engineering community in the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- Lead the safety monitor development in conjunction with functional safety development.
- Work with the systems, simulation, perception, behavioral and motion control teams in developing and delivering a verified independent plausibility system that will enable achievement of functional safety
- Lead the development of the necessary functional safety documentation and monitoring, working closely with the systems teams to develop a perception system capable of autonomous driving safety
- Work closely with ADS team and ADS leadership to develop and support an ADS ecosystem
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, robotics, automation or other relevant fields.
- At least 7+ years of relevant software experience in industry and 5 years of leadership/management experience in a technical management position.
- Proven experience in Automotive or similar safety systems.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience working with Real-time system development
- Experience in development of functional safety concepts, item definitions, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard and Risk Analysis, FMEA, Familiar with ISO26262 and best practices related to achievement of required hardware and software ASIL ratings,
- Familiar with NHTSA guidelines for autonomous vehicles, ECE-R79, Familiar with ROS, Experience in team leadership,
- Experience with languages including C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab, Optional: [Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML]
- Excellent communication skills with leadership traits.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of the time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.