Summary/Purpose of Position: The CM Mentor Coordinator will develop vision for and the Mentor Program at Miracle Hill Ministries, ensure that mentors are selected, screen, trained and monitored according to SC State standards and ministry protocol and act as a liaison between mentors, Miracle Hill staff, youth and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all tasks in light of Miracle Hill’s Mission Statement, values and goals for the purpose of recruiting and retaining passionate volunteers/mentors.
- Assist in the training and equipping of volunteer mentors to work with youth in the care of Miracle Hill ministries through partnership with Fostering Great IdeasÒ, a local community organization.
- Operate as strong liaison between Miracle Hill Ministries and Fostering Great IdeasÒ to ensure both parties are well informed and mentors are provided with all they need.
- Adhere to all requirements and protocol, as prescribed by the SC State Department of Social Services, pertaining to working with youth in group care.
- Act as liaison to mentors working with youth in Miracle Hill care in order to provide accountability, address concerns and stay abreast of mentor/youth relationship.
- Communicate regularly with all stakeholders in the youth/mentor relationship – MHM facility staff, youth, mentors, DSS caseworkers, Fostering Great Ideas organization and families, to ensure that logistics, appropriate care and relevant information are shared.
- Maintain thorough and specific records for each youth/mentor relationship, to include required state documents, communication/correspondence, etc.
- Coordinate the matching of youth and mentor by utilizing information, interests, similarities & differences of each. Personally introduce youth and mentor to each other.
- Maintain regular communication with both youth and mentor to ensure that relationship is positive and progressing well. Assist in addressing concerns or issues that may arise.
- Attend departmental staff meetings and regular supervision appointments
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or VP of Collaboration & Engagement
The Children’s Ministry Mentor Coordinator has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibit excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Maintain strict adherence to standards established by the SC Department of Social Services for the purpose of protecting children/youth.
- Possess ability to communicate and engage with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate competence in the utilization of databases and MS Office
- Display pleasant, outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Possess understanding of volunteer engagement and customer service skills
- Provide evidence of local or international volunteer experience
Education and/or Experience:
Hold Bachelor’s degree in human services, social sciences, business administration or other similar field or provide evidence of equivalent, relevant experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Valid Driver’s SC License with a clear record.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.