Summary of Responsibilities
Interact with guests to ensure exemplary service in an efficient manner while dining at Another Broken Egg Cafe. Take orders, serve food and drinks, answer inquiries about the menu and comply with the wishes of the guest, as well as suggestively sell food and drinks. Work closely with Bussers and Hostess’ to ensure guests receive excellent service.
· Serve guests and create a warm and fun atmosphere for both guests and fellow employees.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objective of the position. Works to the restaurants “Sense of Urgency”.
· Arrive at work properly prepared for service according to policies.
· Answer any questions about food and drinks including ingredients of entrées, preparations and accompanying items.
· Greet newly seated guests in a friendly manner within 1 minute of being seated.
· Take drink order at guest greeting, deliver beverages and up sales. Take entire order and repeat order to guests for clarification.
· Suggestively sells menu items, such as appetizers, entrees, beverages and desserts.
· Enter order on POS computer system quickly and in proper sequence and use appropriate abbreviations and changes to ensure clarity to kitchen.
· Attend to guests needs when delivering food and check back with guests to ensure their satisfaction.
· Observe guests to respond to any additional needs.
· Ensure guests’ expectations have been exceeded. Obtain problem solving skills to resolve food or service issues.
· Maintain table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing extra napkins if necessary.
· Assume responsibility as a cashier, as that is part of your job.
· Accept payment and provide change or credit card sign off slip within 1-3 minutes of guest payment. Follow appropriate accounting procedures for closing checks, promo items, employee discounts & gift certificates.
· Uphold and maintain high quality customer service and hospitality at all times.
· Keep wait station clean. Set up & take down station according to opening and closing procedures.
· Adhere to company sanitation policies and procedures.
· Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems, issues or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectiveness of the position.
· Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
· Monitor cleanliness of restrooms and outside perimeter of building.
· Maintain a clean, organized and stocked work area, notify manager of any shortages. Set up stocking area, restock & prepare stocking area at closing for startup the next day.
· Empty trash, sweep, mop &/or vacuum the restaurant floor when there is no support (Hostess, bussers) available.
· Must be dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times.
· Must be able to operate P.O.S. computer system, make change correctly and make credit card transactions accurately.
· Must be able to deliver plates, food and clear tables, which may require lifting of up to 30 lbs.
· Walk or stand most of 6-8 hour shift.
· Must be able to read menu items and speak English.
· Able to reach, bend, stoop and perform cleaning duties.
· Professional phone skills. Must be able to hear well with loud background noise, in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
· Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a manager immediately if the matter cannot be corrected in a timely manner.
· Able to lift and carry supplies and bus tubs of up to 50 lbs. Up to 20 times per shift.
· Required to carry trays and supplies. Assist in re-stocking & detail cleaning of all aspects of the restaurant.
· Must be able to clearly communicate guest’s needs to other employees including bussers, hostess, and manager.
General Training Points:
· Always wear a genuine smile – enjoy yourself!
· Treat each guest as you would like to be treated, make the guest comfortable.
· Personalize your thank yous.
· Suggest appropriate drinks, offer Bloody Marys & mimosas, lattes.
· Understand what the guest is ordering – repeat when necessary.
· Show off your menu knowledge – Suggest specific items such as your favorites or popular items using descriptive words in your recommendations.
· Your knowledge of the menu and drinks will translate to the guest being more confident in your service.
· Work on the service basics (hospitality, knowledge, professionalism, timing, anticipation).
· Work on service awareness (smile, speed, teamwork, guest feedback).
· Organization is your key to success – develop a system.
· Communicate as you move through the restaurant (safety).
· Be aware of surrounding tables – Teamwork!
· Always be professional – maintain a positive attitude (even in busy times).
· Guest satisfaction and exceptional service is your first priority.
· A dissatisfaction is an opportunity to impress the guest by correcting the problem (get a manager involved).
· Review proper table set-ups.