Summary of Position:
The Restaurant Supervisor assists the Manager by overseeing and executing the operations of the bar, café and mercantile during scheduled shifts. He/she ensures our retail and service standards are met by providing customers with prompt service and quality food, beverage and mercantile products in a welcoming, positive and clean atmosphere. The ideal candidate will enhance the mission of Neuman Hotel Group to provide personalized service and genuine hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands completely and conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training programs for Neuman Hotel Group.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Monitors setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of dining, retail and bar areas.
- Acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of Manager.
- Manages the completion of the opening and/or closing checklist.
- Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Minimize employee turnover by assisting with new employee training, setting clear performance expectations, providing positive reinforcement for successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to store manager on employee performance and morale.
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas.
- Conducts inventory monthly or as directed.
- Follows all health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Contributes to the profitability of the mercantile and café by finding new methods for increasing sales.
- Maintains high level bar standards of service.
- Makes a continuous effort to improve job skills, knowledge and education.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description
- Minimum of 1-2 years food & beverage supervisory experience required with experience serving as a barista also required
- Bartending experience required
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Extensive wine knowledge strongly preferred
- Merchandising experience a plus
- Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
- Able to create a positive team dynamic with fellow managers and staff
- Must have a passion for hospitality
- Food handler’s permit and OLCC permit or ability to obtain them
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and bend, kneel, squat and reach occasionally throughout a shift