Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life everyday!? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
Providing daily management of the community residence and to direct residential support services to consumers.
- Performs all direct service job responsibilities ensuring a safe, clean and adequate living environment for all consumers.
- Monitors and ensures the daily implementation of direct services and staff duties.
- Monitors staff performance in all daily activities.
- Coordinates and follows up on consumer medications in conjunction with Assistant Program Coordinator.
- Establishes, maintains, and approves all changes in staff schedules and reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Utilizes supervision.
- Assists the Assistant Program Coordinator with the coordination of referrals and placements with other residential services and community agencies.
- Ensures that all staff complete the Core Competency training requirements in conjunction with the Assistant Program Coordinator.
- Possesses knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews clinical records and ensures accuracy of reporting and charting.
- Ensures all clinical and administrative documentation is timely and consistent with program procedures.
- Provides on-site coverage and substitute coverage when necessary.
- Maintains and monitors all residential record keeping including staff minutes, fire drill records, chore lists, menus medication logs, daily logs, house meeting minutes and appropriate clinical documentation.
- Implements and maintains appropriate safety standards.
- Reports repair and maintenance requests; coordinates scheduling of repairs.
- Submits supply and furniture requests.
- Manages all food and petty cash accounts.
- Collects rent, food, phone, and cable payments from consumers.
- Insures safe keeping of any and all consumer funds.
- Prepares all monthly reports.
- Assists in transitioning new consumers to the residence and discharge or transition of outgoing consumers to other
- Bachelors’ Degree in health related field; or an R.N.; or two years college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as an LPN plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Plus one year in a residential mental health setting.
- Taking the lead in individual service coordination activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled