Here at the Doubletree by Hilton Birmingham, we are seeking highly motivated people with a heart for service and attention to detail to join our Culinary team.
The position is part-time with a rotating schedule, weekends and holidays required.
Starting pay is $12 per hour, with medical/dental and vision benefit plan options, and Team Member/ Family Travel Program!
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel. You would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
Stock, maintain and label all designated food
Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Training in food preparation is preferred.
- Must be extremely dependable with regard to attendance and punctuality.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fundamentals of food preparation and cooking.
- Must be knowledgeable of basic kitchen equipment operation: stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, etc.
- Must have an understanding of recipe measurements, requisition amounts, and portions sizes.
**Candidate may be required to perform a cooking demonstration during interview**
DoubleTree Birmingham Perimeter Park is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled