The Registered Respiratory Therapist will provide clinical support for staff by providing respiratory assessments and therapy recommendations for advanced respiratory diagnosis for the assigned skilled nursing facilities.
- Evaluate the effects of respiratory therapy treatments plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending modifications to initiate the plan of care for patients with high-risk respiratory diagnosis.
- Consult with Director of Nursing, Administrators, physicians, nurses, and other health care workers to recommend a change it RT therapy based on the resident evaluation.
- Acute care skills to include: mechanical ventilation, tracheostomy care, CPAP/BIPAP monitoring
- Maintain patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect residents and employees by adhering to the infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain professionalism and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and maintaining credentialing current BLS and ACLS
- Develop respiratory skills for nursing staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs to support respiratory education
- Level of education required:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program that complies with federal, state, and local legal and certifications
- Previous experience working in sub-acute/long-term care is preferred
- Maintains a current RRT License in the State of Texas
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled