SUMMARY: Provides bi-lingual social services navigation to low-wealth minorities in Miami Gardens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide one on one health coaching, including, Medicaid, KidCare, and ACA Marketplace
- Link and refer individuals and families to medical and social service clinics and organizations
- Facilitate, coordinate and conduct health education presentations /workshops
- Increase community awareness about available health and community programs/resources
- Coordinate outreach events/activities, including on-site health coaching navigation and recruitment at community/faith based organizations, federally qualified health centers, hotels and restaurants
- Conduct door-to-door household outreach and neighborhood canvassing through the city of Miami Gardens
- Maintain client/participation information and data in an organization’s data tracking and management systems
- This position does not directly supervise employees
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English and Spanish/Haitian Creole.
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Certification or license: Certification in the Department of Children and Families Training: HIPPA, ACCESS Civil Rights, Security Awareness, Voters Registration, Limited English Proficiency, Navigating Self-Service Portal. Affordable Care Act Federal License
- Years of experience: 3
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
- Team player
- Develops talent (self)
- Articulate vision and understands the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of the comfort zone
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and utilize the computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.