Accounts Payable Associate – Supply Chain
The primary function is to perform the day to day Accounts Payable activities in support of the Supply Chain Team. Secondary functions may include additional accounting and supply chain related functions and assisting other supply chain team members with administrative duties as needed. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and an eagerness to learn and grow with the department.
- Daily Accounts Payable functions which include matching supplier invoices to purchase orders, resolving discrepancies in pricing or payment terms, and approving invoices for payment.
- Plan, review, and report on Ocean Freight and Transportation spend in comparison to plan
- Enter transportation partner invoices into ERP / financial system for payment
- Understanding of manufacturing cost components and purchase price variances
- Prepare vendor and factory chargebacks as required
- Filing, organizing and storing accounts payable records
- Investigate accounts payable issues in the accounting system and resolve with corrective actions.
- Reconcile vendor statements for supply chain vendors.
- Responds to internal and external emails and phone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions and generally accepted accounting practices
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Employment Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of solid experience in an Accounts Payable or other accounting position
- 2-year associate’s degree preferred, some accounting college-level courses strongly preferred
- In-depth, solid working understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) experience a plus
- Multiple company/multiple entity experiences are a plus
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices and payments
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Handles a fast-paced work environment with a poised, results-driven, positive attitude
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled