- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work evening shift (3-11 PM)
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Assist patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Wear proper uniform including a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Before guests arrive, make certain that the wait station and dining room is equipped and ready according to instructions.
- Make certain that all the tables are set.
- Greet each guest with a welcoming smile.
- In the absence of the hostess/cashier, greet guests and accompany to the table, if necessary.
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and service.
- Enter the order into the system correctly so that the kitchen staff can prepare and present food in a correct and timely fashion as the guest requested.
- Serves food and beverages from the service areas.
- Observes diners refill drinks, clear used dishes and respond to any additional requests even if it is not your table.
- Totals bill, accepts and applies any vouchers or coupons. Accepts payments, gives guests correct change.
- Completely clears table.
- Resets tables in the absence of the bus person.
- Keeps section clean during service.
- At the end of the shift, clean wait station, and all other areas. Cleaning can include sweeping and mopping.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards and procedures.
- Reports tips adhering to Sea Mist tip reporting standards.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must be available for weekend and holiday schedules. Overtime is sometimes required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.