A rare opportunity to work for the best! Heritage Properties Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated, experienced assistant apartment manager at The Colony Apartment Homes, a 128-unit apartment community in Columbus, MS. If you have a proven track record of successful apartment operations, and enjoy working in a high volume office environment, Heritage Properties invites you to apply for this position. A minimum of 2 years of experience as in the apartment industry is required. Yardi / CRM / Rent Cafe experience is a huge plus!
Responsibilities and Duties
- COLLECT RENT. Maintain continuous communication with delinquent accounts by calling and knocking on doors. Create and distribute late rent notices. File evictions.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information in CRM accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Ensure all required documentation is uploaded to resident files.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.)
- Immediately record all telephone calls, emails, and in-person visits in CRM
- Maintains guest cards according to established procedures
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to prospects needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with the applicant regarding status.
- Ensure the apartment is ready for the resident to move-in on the agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet the prospect’s needs.
- Implement the Heritage Move-In Experience
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Receive telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as a host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.