This position is accountable for performance of various secretarial and designated administrative duties using knowledge of bank practices, policies, and organization as related to the officer’s area of responsibility.
The administrative assistant is primarily responsible for performing the following duties confidentially with considerable personal tact, integrity, judgment and initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Typing and preparing letters, memos, reports, etc. from oral or written instruction. Answer telephone; take messages: Prepare replies to routine inquiries. Establish and maintain files of reports, correspondence, etc.
- Prepare loan checklist; process loan documents and payments; Assist Lenders in handling correspondence and related administrative duties. Handle highly confidential information. Assist in working past dues and document action exceptions.
- Consult with customers on their specific needs. Respond to customer inquiries. Cross-sell bank services. Research customer problems and concerns.
- Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
- Actively assist loan officers in obtaining customer financial information, business records, and/or any other information required to complete loan applications, obtain Credit approval, or correct loan exceptions and policy deviations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with loan customers and/or prospective loan customers.
- Represent First Guaranty Bank in the community.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- The incumbent is required to work directly with the officer’s customers and assist in dealing not only with his/her respective division but other departments in the bank as well.
- The incumbent is also required to have knowledge of the Customer Service, and the Commercial and Consumer Loan Departments.
- Experience of two years or more.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled