Our Building-Based Substitute Teachers work under the direction of the Building Principal or his/her designee to replace a regularly appointed teacher in his/her absence. The substitute teacher is expected to provide as closely as possible the same successful instructional and learning environment that would exist if the regularly appointed teacher were in attendance. The substitute teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the regularly appointed teacher for whom he/she is substituting. This is a full-time position. On days when no teacher requires a substitute, the Substitute Teacher will be assigned to assist in learning studios.
- Follows the lesson plan(s) left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with district’s philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom where assigned.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establishes and maintains order in the classroom.
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Establishes a climate that promotes fairness and respect.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Corrects any student papers assigned during the day.
- Places students’ paper(s) in regular teacher’s desk.
- Returns instructional materials and equipment to proper place.
- Supervises the dismissal of students according to established building procedures.
- Conducts oneself in a business like and task-oriented manner.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills that enhance learning.
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Participates in all school-wide activities
- Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies.